Archive for the ‘Crime Scene Investigation’ Category

The world is going crazy locals tell of their shock after alleged murder at Sheffield flats – The Star

Emergency services were called to reports of a man laid in the street at Club Garden Road flats on the Lansdowne estate in Highfield at around 2.15am this morning (Sunday 15 November)

A Police spokesperson said: Upon arrival, a 28-year-old man was found with serious injuries. He was taken to hospital but was sadly pronounced dead a short time later.

"A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody.

Many locals The Star spoke did not hear anything last night.

Dominica Duzy, who has lived on the top floor at Club Garden Road flats for 10 years, said: "On the lower floor there are always problems. In May there was a shooting, its a problem with drugs.

"On the top, where we are living, its alright. There are quite a few families so we are OK. We didnt hear anything.

A forensic officer at the flats said the alleged murder scene was inside and outside the flat.

Two uniformed police officers stood guard outside a ground floor flat on Sunday morning, one at the front and the other at the rear, where a window had been boarded up and a furniture stand discarded on the grass outside the small balcony area.

Blood stains and a smashed bottle of vodka were seen near to the front entrance.

Another man, who has lived in the area for 20 years, said: Its a good area. The world is going crazy, thats all we need in 2020.

Another woman who did not want to give her name said: I have lived here over 20 years. Its starting to be a bit dodgy.

"I love it around here. I feel pretty safe and a lot of people around here know each other.

A staff member at Rafiq and Son General Grocer, which backs on to Club Garden Road, added: It should be alright around here, Ive been here 32 years.

Another shopkeeper in the area, who wished to remain anonymous, said: It doesnt matter where you go, you have problems everywhere.

Police said they expect formal identification of the victim and a post-mortem examination to take place on Sunday.

A spokesperson for the force said they expect the cordon at the scene to remain in place for some time. Three uniformed officers were at the scene on Sunday morning, with three crime scene investigation vehicles also present.

Residents in nearby flats were told they could not access their homes via the usual walkway.

Anyone with information about the incident that may help police should call 101 quoting incident number 99 of 15 November 2020. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a digital subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Nancy Fielder, editor.

More here:
The world is going crazy locals tell of their shock after alleged murder at Sheffield flats - The Star

Sean Michael Henderson, 48, Dies of Self-Inflicted Gunshot In His Car Off SR11 – FlaglerLive.com

Sean Henderson was staying with a friend at a property off of State Road 100 south of Codys Corner. (Google)

The Flagler County Sheriffs Office investigated the death Monday morning of Sean Michael Henderson, 48, who took his life with a gun while parked in his car at property off State Road 11 in Bunnell, south of Codys Corner.

Henderson, a resident of Crescent City, had been staying with a friend in Bunnell for the previous two weeks following a break-up.

A friend of Hendersons told deputies that his 47-year-old girlfriend, also of Crescent City, had contacted her and told her she was concerned about Hendersons wellbeing, after the two of them had been in an argument. He had stopped responding to texts or calls at 2:45 Monday morning. The friend went to the property off of SR11 to check on Henderson and saw his vehicle, a Chevy Equinox, in the =yard, its lights on and the engine running, according to the sheriffs report.

The woman then alerted the property owner, at whose home Henderson had been staying. The property owner told deputies that Henderson had been struggling through a series of setbackshis childhood sweetheart recently dying, the break-up with his girlfriend. He had last seen Henderson the previous day at 4 p.m., when Henderson drove him to a deer-season hunting stand. Henderson didnt intimate anything about self-harm during the drive, nor did his behavior seem worrisome. He had been drinking heavily, but that was not a change in behavior.

According to the sheriffs report, Hendersons friend told deputies that he wished to note that he believed the gun that Sean was holding belonged to his brother because the safe in his brothers room was found to be opened. He is not sure how Sean would have known the code to unlock the safe.

The sheriffs office followed its normal protocols at the scene, dispatching its Crime Scene Investigation unit and detectives and turning over the body to the medical examiner for an autopsy, which was to be conducted in St. Augustine. The incident took place at 12500 SR11. Henderson was a resident of 495 Clifton Road in Crescent City.

The following resources are available for individuals in crisis:

Flagler Lifeline website.

In Flagler: The Crisis Triage and Treatment Unit (CTTU)is a crisis assessment and referral service for Flagler County residents experiencing behavioral health crisis. It is located at 301 Justice Lane in the Brown & Brown Outpatient building at the Vince Carter Sanctuary in Bunnell. This program is limited to individuals escorted to the program by law enforcement between the hours of noon and midnight daily. Law enforcement is able to transport individuals to SMA to assess and determine the appropriate clinical disposition. When required and appropriate, SMA then transports the individual to a receiving facility in Volusia County.

In Daytona Beach: Stewart-Marchman Act Corporation Crisis Center1220 Willis AvenueDaytona Beach, FL 32114

Crisis Line: (800) 539 4228Available 24 hours.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 800/273-8255 (TALK), or use theonline Lifeline Crisis Chat, both available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255.People 60 and older can call the Institute on Agings 24-hour,toll-free Friendship Lineat 800-971-0016. IOA also makes ongoing outreach calls to lonely older adults.

If you are concerned for someone else, read about warning signshere. For additional resources, see the Speaking of Suicide website.

Read the rest here:
Sean Michael Henderson, 48, Dies of Self-Inflicted Gunshot In His Car Off SR11 - FlaglerLive.com

Mum’s heartbreaking message to Grace Thorpe as man is accused of toddler’s murder – Teesside Live

The mum of alleged murdered toddler Grace Thorpe has posted a heartbreaking message following the tragic death of her daughter.

Grace died on Thursday after suffering injuries at a home in Dale Street, New Marske on Tuesday.

In a new post on Facebook including a picture of her daughter, Grace's mum wrote: "I love you more than you will ever know."

Middlesbrough man Adam Jackson, 26, was charged with murdering the two-year-old on Friday and has made his first court appearance.

Jackson appeared at Teesside Magistrates Court on Friday afternoon after his arrest earlier this week

He was brought into courtroom, wearing a grey t-shirt and face covering. He spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.

Magistrates were told during the five-minute hearing that due the severity of the alleged offence, the case must be sent to crown court.

Jackson, of Parkside, Ladgate Lane, Middlesbrough, was remanded into custody and no pleas were entered.

It is alleged Jackson murdered Grace on Tuesday.

He will next appear at Teesside Crown Court on Monday and a further plea hearing has been scheduled for December.

Flowers, cuddly toys and candles have continued to be left at the scene of the alleged murder.

Several neighbours attended the address laying flowers as a mark of respect.

One woman attended the property, laying a bunch of flowers under the police cordon, saying: We just couldn't believe it happened. So close to home as well.

Everyone lit candles in the road last night and held a one minute silence.

She added that the incident has shocked the community.

A large police presence remained at the scene on Friday morning before Jackson was charged with Grace's murder.

Crime scene investigators were spotted leaving the property with brown evidence bags as enquiries continued.

A police van, two cars and a crime scene investigation vehicle remained parked outside the house, with a police car at the rear of the property.

Police cordons were also erected across the front and back of the house.

The upstairs curtains have now been opened as net curtains hang in the front window.

Police have remained on scene since Grace was taken to hospital in a critical condition on Tuesday by emergency services.

She was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary for treatment, but on Thursday she tragically passed away.

Cleveland Police began an investigation into the circumstances around how the little girl came to be injured and Jackson was subsequently arrested on suspicion of murder.

Details have not yet been given about the nature and type of Grace's injuries.

The air ambulances, two road ambulance and police officers were called to the tragic incident.

Graces family are being supported by specially trained officers as inquiries continue.

Read more from the original source:
Mum's heartbreaking message to Grace Thorpe as man is accused of toddler's murder - Teesside Live

Watchdogs demand transparent investigation, civil legal procedures on Intan Jaya shooting – The Jakarta Post – Jakarta Post

A coalition of human rights groups have called on the government to reveal detailed information on the suspected killers of Pastor Yeremia Zanambani in Intan Jaya regency, Papua, after a state-formed fact-finding (TGPF) reportedly found indications of security forces involvement.

They demanded that the suspects' identities and motives be revealed, as well as the names of high-ranking officials who might have had a hand in the fatal shooting. None of this information was included in the report, the coalition said.

Comprising Amnesty International Indonesia, the Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (Kontras), Imparsial, the Institute for Policy Research and Advocacy (ELSAM) and the Democratic Alliance for Papua, the coalition further demanded that the authorities follow up on the fact-finding teams investigation through civil legal procedures and not the military court to ensure justice for the victims family.

If it is proven that TNI [Indonesian Military] personnel were involved in this case, we demand transparent legal proceedings through the civil court, Amnesty International Indonesia researcher Ari Pramuditya said during a webinar on Thursday.

He argued that military tribunals had not been transparent in bringing offenders to justice in the past, pointing out that only a few military personnel had stood trial at a military court despite the many cases of violence against civilians reported in Papua over the years.

Read also: PGI, Komnas HAM call for further investigation into Papuan pastor's death following report

Amnestys report revealed that 34 cases of unlawful killings occurred in Papua between 2010 until 2018, allegedly involving military personnel. However, only six were brought before the military court, Ari said.

He also criticized the government for using armed groups as scapegoats for any violence taking place in the countrys easternmost province.

Ari pointed to Col. Suriastawa, the spokesman for the Joint Regional Defense Command III in Papua, who previously said Yeremia had been shot by aseparatist group.

Even though the TGPFs report indicated the alleged involvement of security forces in the pastors shooting, Coordinating Political, Legal and Human Rights Minister Mahfud MD said there was the possibility of a third partys involvement in the crime.

We see hesitation [from the government] in the report [...] It even creates more confusion for us, Ari further said.

The groups also criticized Mahfud for suggesting that the government deploy more security personnel into vulnerable areas in Papua in order to maintain peace and safety in the region.

We encourage the government to evaluate the deployment of military personnel to Papua, where violence has grown in intensity each year, said Alif Nur Fikri from Kontras.

Read also: Papuans dont want TNI, police withdrawn from region, Mahfud MD claims

Security personnel has contributed to the many cases of violence in the restive region, he said, adding that the plan raised questions over whether the Papuan people truly felt safe with the TNIs presence.

Imparsial executive director Al Araf echoed Alifs sentiment, saying that the militarys approach had been proven ineffective in solving conflicts across Papua.

At one point, the government wanted to use the economic approach for the Papuan people, but they also wanted to escalate the military approach in the region; this would create more distrust among local communities, he added.

The Indonesian Communion of Churches, the Indonesian Evangelical Christian Church (GKII) and local media in Papua claimed Yeremia was shot by TNI personnel on his way to his pig pen on Sept. 19, at the same time a military operation was reportedly taking place.

The incident prompted the government to establish the TGPF tasked under a 14-day deadline to investigate the fatal shooting. The team concluded its fact-finding mission on Oct. 12 after conducting a crime scene investigation and questioning more than 25 eyewitnesses.

Read more:
Watchdogs demand transparent investigation, civil legal procedures on Intan Jaya shooting - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post

Brick woman sentenced to four years for manslaughter in death of fianc – wobm.com

A Brick Township woman who previously plead guilty to Reckless Manslaughter has been sentenced to four years in prison for her role in the death of her fianc in Septemberof 2019,Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley Billhimer announced on Thursday.

Ciara Williams, 28, stabbed her fiance Dennis Power, 35, in the chest during an argument at their home.

She then brought him to the hospital and left him out front where hospital staff brought him in, tired to revive Power who was unconscious at the time but breathing before he passed away.

The investigation by the Ocean County Prosecutors Office Major Crime Unit, Brick Police and the Ocean County Sheriffs Office Crime Scene Investigation Unit led police and detectives to the evidencethat Williams stabbed Power in the chest, and was responsible for the injuries which ultimately led to his death.

Williams originally faced more significant charges with greater sentencing exposure, but legitimate self-defense claims arose during the course of the investigation which we were compelled to take into account in evaluating this very difficult case, Prosecutor Billhimer said in a statement.The claims of self-defense, coupled with considerable proof problems, led to a resolution which we believe to be fair and just after careful consideration of all the facts and circumstances. Williams has been made to answer for her crime, and will be required to spend the next few years in state prison as a result. We hope this prison sentence provides some level of peace and closure to the family of Mr. Powers."

You can follow Vin Ebenau on Twitter and Instagram and email news tips to vin.ebenau@townsquaremedia.com.

More FromTownsquare Media Monmouth-Ocean:

See the original post:
Brick woman sentenced to four years for manslaughter in death of fianc - wobm.com