Archive for the ‘Progressives’ Category

Only poverty lover will vote Jonathan Osinbajo

Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo | credits: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com

The running mate to the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday, said the poor state of the nations economy has plunged many Nigerians into poverty.

He added that there must be a change of government at the federal level to liberate Nigerians from poverty.

The former Attorney General of Lagos State spoke at a town hall meeting with artisans, tradesmen and farmers, organised by the Lagos State Government in Ikeja.

He said only those who love poverty and would want to remain perpetually in hunger that would vote for President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.

Osinbajo said, No one is ignorant of all that is happening in this country. No one likes hunger and poverty, but people are hungry. In 2015, only those who love to continue to be hungry that would prefer that the government in power at the centre remains there.

By Gods grace, we will remove them from the seat of power. The people there presently cannot do anything because they dont know what to do. They lack the capacity and capability to govern the country.

In the same vein, the APC governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, said APC, from the period of Bola Tinubu to Governor Babatunde Fashola, had continuously provided good governance to the people of the state, adding that if voted into power, his government would not deviate from the principle.

Ambode said, Our promise to you as a party is to provide good governance and able leadership. We want to take good care of your businesses so that you will have more to take care of yourself, your children and your home. There must be change of government at the Federal level. APC must take over in Abuja.

Fashola noted that if Nigerians observed the situation of the country critically, they would find that the country was not better off than it was in 2011.

The rest is here:
Only poverty lover will vote Jonathan Osinbajo

Ekiti APC hails NULGE, forgives teachers

The All Progressives Congress in Ekiti State has praised the state chapter of the National Union of Local Government Employees for supporting autonomy for local governments as passed by the 19 APC lawmakers in the House of Assembly.

It also said it had forgiven teachers who have asked for forgiveness over their stance on former Governor Kayode Fayemi-led administration.

Some of the teachers apologised on behalf of the others to Fayemi in a phone-in live programme on Adaba FM last week, the APC said ina statement by its State Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatubosun, on Tuesday.

The party commended NULGE for criticising the Peoples Democratic Partys faction of the Assembly who voted against autonomy for the Local Governments in the ongoing constitution amendment.

The members of the Executive Council of NULGE in the state are men of sterling qualities.

Even at the risk of being hounded and haunted by those who neither know what separation of powers is all about nor have any respect for the rule of law, they voiced their stance on the rejection of the autonomy for local governments by the seven PDP members of the factionalised House of Assembly, who are busy relishing the illegal position they occupy at the moment. We salute their courage.

The NULGE stance, which has our total support, is commendable while the stance of the PDP-Seven is condemnable, illegal, unconstitutional and of no consequence. We are recording it as one of the several illegalities they are being backed to commit by Governor Fayose, Olatunbosun added.

Read more:
Ekiti APC hails NULGE, forgives teachers

Buhari Vanguard courts Oyo youths

December 30, 2014 by Olufemi Atoyebi, Ibadan 15 Comments

The campaign team of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Mohammadu Buhari (retd.), on Tuesday held a meeting in Ibadan, where the Oyo State Chairman of the team, Fatai Akinsanmi, gave reasons why the youths must secure their future by supporting Buharis ambition to become president of Nigeria in 2015.

The team, known as Buhari Vanguard, also denied the report that former president Olusegun Obasanjo and Buhari were planning to form an interim government in 2015 if Buhari failed at the polls.

Akinsanmi said, While some people are busy talking about interim government, Gen. Buhari is keen on getting the mandate of the people through the ballot and not interim arrangement because Nigerians do not seek interim progress but a lasting one.

We have a government that supervised the killing of young applicants during the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment exercise and bold enough to reap N1,000 from each applicant. Our youth deserves a better Nigeria, Nigerians deserve a better nation that they will be proud of.

Speaking at the forum, Research and Media Assistant to Minority Leader, House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, Mr. Wasiu Olanrewaju-Smart, urged the people of the state to seize the present political window to make the change that would put Nigeria on the path of true nationhood.

He also condemned the withdrawal of soldiers from Oyo State security outfit, Operation Burst, alleging that it was an attempt to weaken security in the state.

More here:
Buhari Vanguard courts Oyo youths

APC blasts Amaechis critics over funding

The All Progressives Congress in Rivers State has taken a swipe at the critics of the State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, who accused him of funding the party at the national level.

The state chapter of APC described the claim as lacking in foundation and a figment of the imagination of the governors critics, adding that the allegation was based on mere suspicion as a result of the key role the governor has been playing in the party.

State Chairman of the APC, Chief Davies Ikanya, said on Monday in a statement signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Public Affairs, Chukwuemeka Eze, that the APC remained a political party too big to be funded by the state.

This is a rumour without foundation and a figment of the imagination of those who invented it. It is based on mere suspicion because of the key role that Governor Amaechi has been playing in repositioning APC to salvage Nigeria from the savage grip of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

As rightly stated by Governor Amaechi on Monday, during the APC Port Harcourt flag-off rally, APC is a very big party to be funded from the purse of the Rivers State Government, Ikanya, said.

Ikanya pointed out that the state did not have the huge sum of money those behind the rumour claimed the governor had spent on the APC at the national level.

Rivers is not the richest state in either the country or the APC, it is not. For example, is there anywhere as rich as Lagos, which is an APC state, and very much committed to the progress of the party?

The truth is that no single state or individual is funding APC; the party is funded by all its committed members, the state party chairman said.

Ikanya stated that much of Rivers money had been taken away by the PDP-controlled Federal Government through declining monthly allocation and the ceding of some of the states oil wells to neighbouring Abia and Bayelsa States.

The state APC chairman, however, congratulated Amaechi for putting smiles on the faces of civil servants in Rivers by paying their December salaries before Christmas, thereby shaming detractors who thought that he would not be able to pay due to the economic emasculation of the state by the PDP-led Federal Government.

Read more:
APC blasts Amaechis critics over funding

Ekiti APC petitions NSA over security crisis

December 29, 2014 by Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado-Ekiti 6 Comments

The All Progressives Congress in Ekiti State has petitioned the National Security Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), calling his attention to security crisis in the state.

The party alleged that there was a sudden jump in security threats in Ekiti State shortly after Governor Ayodele Fayose was declared winner of the June 21, 2014 governorship election.

In the petition by the State Chairman of APC, Chief Jide Awe, the party noted that even though there were pockets of security breaches in the state during campaigns, the situation had worsened after his inauguration.

APC revealed that it sent copies of the petition to Jonathan, the Inspector General of Police, Director General of DSS, Ekiti State Director of DSS and the Ekiti State Commissioner of Police.

The party alleged a leap in insecurity shortly after Fayose made a special request for redeployment to Ekiti State the policemen that formed the nucleus of a killer squad in Ekiti State between 2003 and 2006 as confirmed by the Presidential Security Panel Report on Political Killings in Ekiti State.

The APCs petition reads in part, We are worried by the antecedents of these police officers when they served Governor Fayose between 2003 and 2006. Our fear is not without basis.

A cursory look at the Report of the Presidential Security Panel Investigation of Killings in Ekiti constituted by President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2005 succinctly leads us to the present fear, as state-sponsored terrorism rears its head again with particular reference to the same officers, who were indicted in that report and who have been recalled by Governor Fayose to his service in Ekiti State.

The party noted in particular that a certain former Chief Security Officer to Fayose, had been recalled to the service of the governor and now serves as his current Aide De Camp.

But the Peoples Democratic Party has described the petition as a calculated attempt by Awe to divert the attention of the government from prosecuting him for the murder case in which he was the chief accuse.

See the original post here:
Ekiti APC petitions NSA over security crisis