APC blames Ekiti crisis on Jonathans second term bid
The All Progressives Congress in Osun State has said that the attack onthe judiciary in Ekiti State is an alleged plan of President GoodluckJonathan tocause crisis in the South West in a bid to capture the region and win the2015 presidential election.
The Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the APC in Osun State,Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, said this in a statement he made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Sunday.
The APC also described the governor-elect in Ekiti State, Mr. Ayo Fayose,as the arrowhead of the Peoples Democratic Partys alleged plan to executethe plan of the President.
The party which accused Fayose of being behind the attack on the court inEkiti State said such attack portended a grave danger to the nations democracy except those behind it were brought to justice quickly.
The statement read, The fact that Federal Government security officialsstood by and watched while Fayose and his rampaging horde of thugs werebeating up judges and lawyers in the premises of the hallowed chambers is clear indication that the PDP Federal Government is complicit.
Politicians should rally and impress it on President Goodluck Jonathanthat if this judicial sacrilege in Ekiti presages his intention for seekinga second term in office, it could well be the beginning of the end ofdemocracy and the rule of law in the country.
It is therefore imperative not only that Fayose and his thugs should bemade accountable, everything should be done to persuade President Jonathan that no Federal Government has survived creating anarchy in the West.
The earlier this lesson is learnt by the Jonathan administration, thebetter for democracy in Nigeria.
Ayo Fayose should be closely watched because he appears to represent PDPsgame plan of using the rule of the jungle to capture and sustain itself inpower. Fayose is possibly the arrowhead of that strategy in the South West.
But the Osun State branch of the PDP has equally accused the APC in thestate of planning to commit arson using thugs who would disguise as membersof the PDP.
Read the rest here:
APC blames Ekiti crisis on Jonathans second term bid