$9.3m scandal: FG must come clean, APC insists

National Publicity Secretary, All Progressives Congress, Lai Mohammed | credits: File copy

The All Progressives Congress has said that Asari Dokubos denial of involvement in the $9.3m cash-for-arms scandal carries no weight until the Federal Government comes clean on the identities of Nigerians on the jet.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said this in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday.

He explained that the partys reaction came against the backdrop of a story published by http://www.africaneagle.com and http://www.nairaland.com, saying Asari Dokubo was one of the Nigerians aboard the jet that carried the money to South Africa.

Mohammed said, To the best of our knowledge that report has not been denied over 24 hours later. We, therefore, contend that Asari Dokubos denial of his involvement carries no weight until the government, which has claimed ownership of the funds, tells Nigerians who the two Nigerian citizens who were in the plane with an Israeli are.

We have no business with Asari Dokubo. He can blab all he likes. We have no reason to disbelieve a widely-circulated published report that named him as one of those on the plane.

If he now says he was not on the plane, let the government come out and tell Nigerians who and who were on it, it said.

The APC wondered why the government has refused, for over three weeks now, to identify the Nigerians who flew on the plane that ferried the money to South Africa, especially after the Israeli, who was also on the plane, had been named.

According to the APC, identifying the Nigerians will help to unravel the circumstances surrounding the whole scandal.

He said it would be interesting to know if the Nigerians were security officials, officials from the office of the NSA who issued the end-user certificate for the transaction or ordinary Nigerians.

Read more:
$9.3m scandal: FG must come clean, APC insists

Related Posts

Comments are closed.